- View All (19)
Native Bee Products (10)
- Beehive Accessories (8)
- Bee Hive - Native Stingless Bees (Tetragonula carbonaria) (1)
- Solitary Bee Habitat (1)
- Hive Splitting (2)
- Pool to Pond (1)
- Membership (1)
- Nest Boxes (1)
- Beecology Products (4)
***OUT OF STOCK***
Many possums and birds are dependent on tree hollows as a place to sleep in during the daylight hours. Competition from other animals & birds along with the clearing of many old trees limit the options. A nest box can offer a safe refuge.
Installation: Where do you place the nest box?
- A preference for denser area of trees/shrubs rather than lone tree - allows movement above ground to avoid pets, etc.
- Entrance of nest box sheltered from prevailing wind/rain, particularly in winter.
- Sheltered from the hottest part of day in summer.
- Hang from the tree using the hose-covered wire. Position the box at least 3 metres above the ground. Resist the temptation to keep looking for new residents, it can take weeks or months!
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: